Friday, March 16, 2007

Madre y Padre en Espana



This past week, my parents came to visit. It was a great time and I'm pretty sure it was a big learning experience for them. This is Mom and Dad at dinner with my host family. It was a really good meal (much better than usual). I was in school during the week, but I now they had fun visiting museums and being tourists. It's a shame they don't have a blog so you can see everything they did when I was at school. It would be a true visit with my parents if we didn't go to the movies. We went to the movies and saw "The Last King of Scotland" which was full of ferocious performances but could have had a more focused story.
After the movie, the week continued. Highlights included going out to dinner with Diane at a really good Cuban restaurant and seeing a Flamenco show after, dinner with my friends, and the weekend in Granada. Here we are at the Alhambra.
While at the Alhambra we walked around and saw all sorts of great stuff. Check out my previous post on Granada for all the juicy information this awesome location has to offer. While there I saw some really cute kittens, now I'm not really a cat guy (Sport was the coolest pet ever), but these kittens were really cute.
After Granada we headed to the airport. But before we left we stayed over in a town to watch "El Clasico" which is the Real Madrid-Barcelona soccer game. This game was absolutely insane to watch. Check out the results here. Ronaldinho, who plays for Barca is amazing to watch, don't believe, check it out. Here we are watching the game.
Well, it was a great visit. My parents learned a lot about Spanish culture and a little bit of the language (Sabrosa means delicious). I'll try to post soon about life in Madrid. See ya.

No comments: